Header Ads

Catherine McGrath Interview by Christian Lamitschka for Country Music News International

Catherine McGrath Interview by Christian Lamitschka for Country Music News International

Lamitschka:  Music has many new fans throughout Europe who may be hearing about you for the first time. How would you describe yourself and the music you play to someone who has never seen or heard you?

Answer:  I’m a 20-year-old Irish country/pop artist 

Lamitschka:  How was the last year for you? What were your highlights?
 Answer:  Amazing! Playing Country 2 Country festival and a show with Kelsea Ballerini & touring with The Shires were the highlights, seeing people sing the words back to me was the coolest thing ever.

Lamitschka:  What is your favorite song among all the songs you have recorded and what's the story behind it?

Answer: ‘Wild’. It’s about a guy who I liked who was still in love with his ex, we went to a Coldplay concert he was meant to go to with her and I wrote the song about it that, literally the day after the concert.

Lamitschka:  Who inspires you musically and how deep do your musical roots run?

Answer:  Everything. My relationships, other people's relationships and even hypothetical situations. I’m an over thinker so writing songs helps get my thoughts out for me. I grew up in a musical family so music has always been in my life.

Lamitschka:  What inspired you to become an artist?

Answer:  I just always knew singing was what I wanted to do. My family was musical and I loved watching films with Judy Garland and Gene Kelly when I was younger so I was always just singing and thought that was what I’d always do if I could.

Lamitschka:  What moments in your career stand out in your memory as highlights and achievements which you are proud of?

Answer:  Country 2 Country festival for sure, I was a huge fan of everyone there so to be playing there was crazy, and seeing people sing my words back to me for the first time there made me so happy.

Lamitschka:  When you get time off, how do you like to relax?

Answer:  I love to have lazy days just watching Netflix. Or if I’m home, watching movies or going for walks with the family.

Lamitschka:  What can your fans expect to see when they see you in concert?

Answer:  A mix of released and unreleased songs and a lot of storytelling between songs, I chatter on a lot…

Lamitschka:  When you're on tour, do you have time to play tourist?

Answer:  Sometimes. Not usually for long, we have a few hours before shows sometimes so I like to have a look around when I can. Paris was the coolest place I've been so far, I had one hour of free time so I walked to the Eiffel Tower alone and I loved it. 

Lamitschka:  What's the best compliment a fan has ever given you?

Answer: Saying they can relate to my songs or they've helped them through something. I love how music does that for me so the fact that something I’ve been through and shared can make someone feel like they're not alone in what they're going through is amazing.

 Christian Lamitschka ( Ch.Lamitschka@t-online.de )

No comments