Monday, November 21, 2016

CD Review: Chris Young - I’m Comin’ Over

Chris Young
I’m Comin’ Over

Track Listing:
Heartbeat, I’m Comin’ Over, Think of You, You Do the Talking’, I Know a Guy, Alone Tonight, Sunshine Overtime, Sober Saturday Night, Underdogs, Callin’ My Name, What If I Stay.

 “I’m Comin’ Over” marked Chris Young’s fifth album.  He was definitely walking on a new territory on this one because it was his first time to co-produce the track and co-write with Corey Crowder.  He also wrote the songs in collaboration with Josh Hoge, Liz Rose, Cary Barlowe, Benjy Davis, Brett Tyler, Jeremy Stover, Brad Warren, Brett Warren, Jonathan Singleton and Johnny Bulford .  Chris Young is supported by Vince Gil in this album.  “I’m Comin’ Over” has a vivid, cinematic style.  I can imagine it like a movie in my mind’s eye while listening to it.  I hear a mixture of  romantic ballad, a bit of rock, pop, country and a bite of R&B.  Chris sings winsome melodies with nice drum loops and steel guitar in the background.  The songs are perfect fit for his classic barritone voice. 

The album kicks into gear with “Heartbeat”.  It sends us signals about being in love and how the heart starts racing when you catch sight or get so close to the person you love and the magic persist.  The twist starts when Chris starts singing the upsetting “Think of You”.  The lyrics are laced with small details of a break up.  Both look back on the good times they shared.   It’s a song a lot of couples can relate.   Cassadee Pope’s light, charming and clear voice combined with Chris’ ravishing tone in this single give a full-bodied melody that draws listeners to reminisce with them.   It never fails to get stuck in my head as soon as I hear it.  “Sober Saturday Night” is a heartbreaking song about sharing something profound with someone and losing that person.  The wailing of the electric and steel guitar together with the drums makes the pain more pronounced.  “Sunshine Overtime” brings a light mood in the atmosphere with sunshine here and there.   “You Do the Talkin’’” and “Alone Tonight” are dreamy and soulful songs with great tunes.  The only letdown for me are the inclusion of swear words in a couple of songs.  All in all, “I’m Comin’ Over” album tells about love, hurt, love lost and loneliness.  It is epic in pulling emotions.  Chris Young is never going to let you down.  The melodies definitely have the power to lift your mood even on the darkest of days.
RECORD REVIEW BY STELLA TABELON – Music Journalist, Country Music News International 


 


Posted in:

0 Kommentare:

Post a Comment

Pyramid Sun Sonnenstudio

CMNI Radio Show

Google+ Badge

Google+ Followers

Nashville Music City

Mietwagen Preisvergleich

Unsigned Only 2017

Tennessee Tourism

USA Songwriting Competition

The Independent Music Show

Coreopsis Publications LLC

Magazine Archive

Powered by Blogger.