Sheryl Crow to Headline July 4 Celebration at New Location
Free Concert Moves to Two Stages at Ascend Amphitheater and The Green at Riverfront Park
Lineup Includes Maddie & Tae, Ruby Amanfu, Erin McCarley, Andrew Combs and
Nashville Symphony Orchestra
NASHVILLE – Nine time GRAMMY-winner Sheryl Crow will headline Nashville’s July 4 celebration, which will include six acts in concert on two stages at Ascend Amphitheater and The Green at Riverfront Park, the Nashville Convention & Visitors Corp announced today. Let Freedom Sing! July 4 in Music City presented by Dr Pepper is a free, family-friendly event that also showcases the GRAMMY-winning Nashville Symphony Orchestra and one of the largest fireworks shows in the country.
“With two stages and six acts, our free July 4 concert will showcase the great talent and the diversity of genres creating and performing music in Music City,” said Ken Levitan, board chair of the Nashville Convention & Visitors Corp and co-president of Vector Management. “This exciting new location will be a great venue for attendees to see and hear all the free music, and it will open up Lower Broadway for those interested in viewing the spectacular fireworks show. We expect tens of thousands of visitors to enjoy our Independence Day festivities, filling up hotel rooms across Davidson County and generating economic activity that is good for the city.”
This year’s diverse line-up pays particular homage to Nashville’s strong indie and alternative scene and features Erin McCarley, Andrew Combs and Ruby Amanfu, who will open the free concert at 5 p.m. by starting her set with the National Anthem. Also sharing the bill is breakout country duo Maddie & Tae. Crow will headline the concert, followed by the Nashville Symphony Orchestra, which will be led by Associate Conductor Vinay Parameswaran, accompanying the fireworks show.
New features this year include the following:
· New location at Ascend Amphitheater and The Green at Riverfront Park to open up Lower Broadway to spectators viewing the fireworks. The Green is grassy park space behind Ascend Amphitheater in the new section of Riverfront Park.
· Two main stages – the Jack Daniel’s Stage at Ascend Amphitheater and the Music City Stage at The Green at Riverfront Park.
· Multiple screens throughout the event site so attendees don’t miss any of the performances.
· Free McDonald’s Family Fun Zone that opens at noon.
· Earlier live music start time of 5 p.m., giving families plenty of time to enjoy the free music before the evening gets too late.
Festivities will also take place on July 3, starting at 3 p.m. All times and artists subject to change.Let Freedom Sing! July 4 in Music City is produced by the NCVC for the city of Nashville. It is presented by Dr Pepper and partners include Advance Financial, Anderson Benson Insurance, Carl Black Chevrolet, Kroger, McDonald’s, Durango Boots, General Jackson Showboat, Budweiser, Bud Light, and Jack Daniel’s.