Thursday, February 25, 2016

Interview with WILLI

Interview with WILLI

Lamitschka:  Music has many new fans throughout Europe who may be hearing about you for the first time. How would you describe yourself and the music you play to someone who has never seen or heard you?

Answer:  My music is all original and it is a blend of Country, Folk and just a touch of Rock And Roll, and Since I started in the music business I have managed to score 3 charted records on the STS Charts for radio tracking airplay in the USA and Canada plus being played in 33 countries around the world

Lamitschka:  How was the last year for you? What were your highlights?

Answer:  Well it's a combination of things, Recording at SONY Studios in Nashville with the legendary record producer Doc Holiday, Having my first release hit the top ten on the charts and most of all to finally pursuing my dream surrounded by the greatest names in Country Music

Lamitschka:  What is your latest CD and how's it doing?

Answer:  My first CD titled „The Journey“ is release now and I have been extremely blessed to have as I said the first 3 singles hit the charts, My next release „I'M HERE NOW DESPITE ADVERSE CONDITIONS“ is set for release in late April of 2016 and features 19 songs including a duet with the legendary „Ragin' Cajun“ Doug Kershaw

Lamitschka:  How did you choose the title for the CD?  Is there a story behind the name?

Answer:  Actually my producer Doc Holiday created the title for me based on all the adverse conditions facing a new artist in today's industry

Lamitschka:  Do you write the songs yourself? If not, how do you go about finding the songs for your CD?

Answer: Yes, Up to this point I have written all my own songs with the exception of the duet with Doug Kershaw, of course that could change if a great song comes along written by a different writer, BUT as of now, it's all me (smile)

Lamitschka:  Please tell us about the songs on your album (influences, etc).

Answer:  All my songs are based on real life experiences that have effected me, so in a way I guess it's an open book to my life up to this point, Yea I admit it's kinda personal, but then again it's something that a lot of people can relate to

Lamitschka:  What is the difference between your last CD and your current one?

Answer:  The difference is amazing. The currently release, I was still finding my place with my music, this new release (as you will be able to tell) I FOUND IT!!!!

Lamitschka:  Your current single is being played by radio. What do you feel is special about this song that makes people want to hear it?

Answer:  It's a happy, upbeat, sort of love song with a strong country feel, It just makes you feel alive and good at the same time, and it has just enough of Country Twang in it to make it real.

Lamitschka:  What will your next single be?

Answer:  Well again, That is in the hands of my producer Doc Holiday and the people who do the promotion to radio, But I think Doc is leaning to a song titled „LOVE, LOVE, LOVE and that song currently has a YouTube video out at https://youtu.be/0ZqiuawRyzY

Lamitschka:  You did a duet with _DOUG KERSHAW_. How did that happen to come about?

Answer:  Well once again, it comes back to my producer Doc Holiday, he produced Doug for many years and suggested that we do a duet together and after a lot of legal issues were resolved, it came to be, AND I MIGHT ADD IT CAME OUT GREAT!!!

Lamitschka:  How much creative control do you have over your music?

Answer:  When I create it and write it all down for the first time, I have total control, BUT when it hits the studio my producer Doc Holiday puts his spin on it and in many cases it changes quite a bit. Doc has the ability to see in my music things that I sometimes over look and then combine that with his Legendary Studio „A“ Team of musicians, all that magic comes together and you have „WILLI“

Lamitschka:  There's a lot of work that goes into a number one hit. What did it take to make it in your case?
Answer:  Well I have not hit that # 1 spot in the states yet BUT I'm knocking on the door for sure (smile)

Lamitschka:  What do you think about today's music industry?

Answer:  It's no walk in the park for sure, It's Tough, PERIOD!!!! But it's where I need to and want to be.

Lamitschka:  As an artist, you so many tasks such as recording, touring, interviews. What do you like best, what's your favorite activity?

Answer:  ALL OF IT!!!!!!

Lamitschka:  What was your big break that got you into the music business?

Answer:  A friend of my family, Johnny Green, knew Doc holiday for many years and convince him to take me on as a new artist. Doc was very reluctant to do it, But Johnny convinced him to do it and the rest is now history

Lamitschka:  Many music fans today get their information about artists online. Do you have your own website and what will fans find there?

Answer:  Yes for sure it's www.1willi.com

Lamitschka:  Most careers don't last as long as yours.  What's given your career the staying power?

Answer:  I'm young, I have a great team behind me, and I have the passion to make it, and that my friend is all I need for right now

Christian Lamitschka for Country Music News International

0 Kommentare:

Post a Comment

Pyramid Sun Sonnenstudio

CMNI Radio Show

Google+ Badge

Google+ Followers

Nashville Music City

Mietwagen Preisvergleich

Unsigned Only 2017

Tennessee Tourism

USA Songwriting Competition

The Independent Music Show

Coreopsis Publications LLC

Magazine Archive

Powered by Blogger.