Saturday, December 20, 2014
7:26 AM Christian Lamitschka No comments
Music City Offers Multiple Days of
Entertainment for New Year’s Eve Visitors
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – A city that loves a good party, Nashville will once again offer visitors one of the biggest New Year’s Eve celebrations in the country with great live music and Nashville’s own midnight “Music Note Drop®.” Seven-time GRAMMY®-winning country trio Lady Antebellum will headline the sixth annual Jack Daniel’s Bash on Broadway: New Year’s Eve in Music City. The music-filled evening will also feature performances by GRAMMY-nominated singer/songwriter Gavin DeGraw, local Americana group The Apache Relay, and electric guitar phenom Kristen Capolino.
The show, which is FREE to the public, will take place downtown on Lower Broadway beginning at 6:45 p.m. on New Year’s Eve. Revelers attending the festivities will count down to the New Year as a 15-foot-tall red “Music Note Drop®,” drops slowly from a 125-foot structure. The “Music Note Drop®” will trigger a fireworks display and confetti cannons as it reaches the midnight mark. Families can mark the holiday with the raising of the music note and fireworks at 6:30 p.m.
Visitors can be a part of history as “Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest 2015” will air live performances by Lady Antebellum and Gavin DeGraw from Nashville’s New Year’s Eve festivities for the first time; Charles Esten, who plays Deacon on ABC’s “Nashville”, will emcee this portion of the evening. This year’s broadcast will be the biggest music celebration in show history featuring over 38 performances and 5½ hours of music. The bi-coastal celebration will be broadcast live in the United States, Canada, and China.
In addition to free live music, Nashville will ring in the New Year with several days of entertainment offerings for visitors:
- The NHL Nashville Predators play the Philadelphia Flyers at Bridgestone Arena on Dec. 27. Get tickets.
- Watch the NFL Tennessee Titans fight the Indianapolis Colts at LP Field on Dec. 28. Book a Titans Gameday Ticket/Hotel Package.
- Visitors can enjoy the Music City Bowl’s MusicFest and Battle of the Bands at the corner of Second and Broadway, featuring the LSU Tigers and the Notre Dame Fighting Irish on Dec. 29.
- Notre Dame and LSU square off in the Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl @ LP Field on Dec. 30 at 2 p.m. CST. Complete event details.
Jack Daniel’s New Year’s Eve Bash on Broadway in Music City
- Jason Eskridge will perform during the free Music City Bowl Pre-Game Concert on the Main Stage at First and Broadway.
- The NHL Nashville Predators play the St. Louis Blues at Bridgestone Arena on Dec. 30. Get tickets.
- Join Lady Antebellum for Cheers for Charity before they hit Broadway to ring in the New Year for dinner, drinks, and an intimate performance at the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum on Dec. 31. All proceeds from the event will benefit LadyAID, a component fund of The Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee. Get tickets.
Visitors attending Jack Daniel’s Bash on Broadway: New Year’s Eve in Music City will have a variety of safe transportation options to and from their hotels. A downtown taxi stand will be available, as well as the Sober Ride program, black car services, and the Music City Star New Year’s Eve Excursion Train.
- Parking at LP Field (lots A-D) will be available for $10, as well as at the Music City Center for $10. The Shelby Street Pedestrian Bridge and the Korean Veterans Bridge will both be open to walk across to and from the event.
- Sober Ride, a program managed through the Davidson County Sheriff’s Department, will offer safe and direct rides home in Davidson County from the intersection of Second Avenue North & Gay Street on the north side of the Ben West Building from 10 p.m. to 3 a.m.
- Those wishing to take a taxi at the end of the night will find a dedicated taxi stand located on Broadway at Seventh Avenue beginning at 10 p.m.
- Party goers can ride the Music City Star New Year’s Eve Excursion Train into Nashville from Wilson County for only $12 roundtrip.
- Those wishing to take their own cars and park downtown can find a comprehensive listing of parking lots and garages at www.parkitdowntown.com.
- Arrive to the "Bash on Broadway" safely and in style with Grand Avenue. The perfect transportation for a wonderful and worry-free New Year's Eve. Contact Grand Avenue at 615-714-5466 or visit www.grandavenueworldwide.com.
The Tennessee Governor’s Highway Safety Office reminds everyone to drive safely this New Year’s Eve. If you will be drinking, please plan ahead to have a sober ride home. Our law enforcement partners will be out in full force during the Booze It and Lose It campaign keeping impaired drivers off the roadways.
Jack Daniel’s Bash on Broadway: New Year’s Eve in Music City is produced by the NCVC for the city of Nashville and presented by Jack Daniel’s. The celebration partners include Advance Financial, Anderson Benson Insurance, Carl Black Chevrolet, McDonald’s, Durango Boot,
Jack Daniel’s New Year’s Eve Bash on Broadway in Music City
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting, Governor’s Highway Safety Office: Booze It & Lose It, Grand Avenue, Peg Leg Porker, Twice Daily, Korbel, Fetzer Vineyard, Coors Light, and Miller Lite.
Please visit www.visitmusiccity.com/newyearseve for the most up-to-date information about the event. Hotel and attraction packages are available by calling the Nashville Convention & Visitors Corp at (800) 657-6910 or online at www.visitmusiccity.com. Music City Bowl packages are available for purchase at www.visitmusiccity.com/musiccitybowl. Follow Nashville on Twitter at @visitmusiccity and use hashtag #NashvilleNYE to follow the conversation.
The Promise of Nashville, where the music is inspired, created, recorded and performed, is to provide the ultimate musical entertainment experience, celebrated throughout our diverse cultural and entertainment offerings, and presented in an authentic, unique, friendly and unpretentious atmosphere.
- ► October (102)
- ► September (140)
- ► August (111)
- ► July (102)
- ► June (122)
- ► May (138)
- ► April (127)
- ► March (149)
- ► February (121)
- ► January (128)
- ► December (94)
- ► November (101)
- ► October (94)
- ► September (100)
- ► August (98)
- ► July (108)
- ► June (131)
- ► May (104)
- ► April (153)
- ► March (126)
- ► February (76)
- ► January (118)
- Country Music News International Newsletter Decemb...
- 7 Wochen unterwegs in Sachen Country Music
- Music City Offers Multiple Days of Entertainment ...
- THE ROYS' CHRISTMAS ALBUMS OF 2014
- LADY ANTEBELLUM PROPELLS INTO NEW YEAR
- Ultimate Holiday TV: Big & Rich Kicking off Christ...
- Helene Fischer mit Rekord zurück an Album-Chartspi...
- TRAVIS TRITT, MONTGOMERY GENTRY, BILLY RAY CYRUS, ...
- ▼ Dec 20 (8)
- ► November (129)
- ► October (134)
- ► September (43)
- ► August (104)
- ► July (109)
- ► June (133)
- ► May (139)
- ► April (152)
- ► March (106)
- ► February (88)
- ► January (126)
- ▼ December (112)
- ► December (95)
- ► November (91)
- ► October (63)
- ► September (131)
- ► August (174)
- ► July (208)
- ► June (179)
- ► May (220)
- ► April (190)
- ► March (188)
- ► February (164)
- ► January (227)
- ► December (171)
- ► November (206)
- ► October (227)
- ► September (243)
- ► August (229)
- ► July (256)
- ► June (221)
- ► May (317)
- ► April (287)
- ► March (245)
- ► February (248)
- ► January (231)
- ► December (217)
- ► November (249)
- ► October (273)
- ► September (308)
- ► August (236)
- ► July (248)
- ► June (262)
- ► May (193)
- ► April (329)
- ► March (372)
Powered by Blogger.