SISTER HAZEL TO RELEASE
20 Songs Recorded in 20 Venues to Celebrate 20 Years of Music
(Nashville, Tennessee...) - Twenty years into the storied career of a band whose devoted fan base continues to grow, Sister Hazel is honoring those fans with 20 Stages, a live double CD, double LP and DVD to be released October 7, 2014 via Rock Ridge Music. The release, celebrating the 20th anniversary of Sister Hazel, features 20 tracks recorded live at 20 of the band's favorite venues.
The Gainesville, FL-bred band continues to write, record and tour over 100 dates a year with its original members intact: vocalist Ken Block, guitarist/vocalist Drew Copeland, lead guitarist Ryan Newell, drummer Mark Trojanowski and bassist Jett Beres. "All of us like a lot of different music," said Trojanowski, "but we have a vibe together, one that helps to create the Sister Hazel signature mix of Southern pop hooks and country harmonies and story songs. We strive to give our audience something different each time."
The first new release from Sister Hazel since 2010, 20 Stages will include live versions of such fan favorites as "All For You," "Mandolin Moon" and "Champagne High" as well as three brand new tracks. The DVD features commentary from the band about each song, the venues and the role fans played in choosing both. The limited-edition double vinyl LP is presented in an old-school gatefold sleeve and will include a digital download.
Selecting which 20 songs from the band's vast repertoire was as much of a challenge as deciding which performance to include from which venue. The venues were as diverse as their ever-growing fan base, and covered 10 states, Washington, DC, The Bahamas, Honduras and even a cruise ship.
"This collection of songs is as much about the fans as it is about Sister Hazel," said Jett Beres. "We have fans who have been with us for all 20 years and some who have only recently discovered the band. So picking the 20 songs and then deciding which performances and venues to include was a real labor of love."
Half of the video footage for the DVD was shot using GoPro cameras and rigging. Creative camera placement gives viewers unique perspectives from the stage, including mounts on drums and guitars, back stage and audience. Yet another nod to their devotees, footage submitted by fans was also included in the DVD. "The only way we can keep doing what we are doing is having our fans continue to connect and support us," added Copeland.
20 Stages will be available at iTunes, Amazon and other digital stores, as well as traditional retail outlets. The band is currently offering exclusive pre-order packages through their website www.SisterHazel.com.
The band's Rock Boat excursion, the world's greatest floating music festival, will celebrate its 15th anniversary January 24-28, 2015 and is already sold out. Sister Hazel will host Barenaked Ladies, Michael Franti & Spearhead and numerous other acts representing a variety of musical genres. Additional details can be found at www.therockboat.com.
Named after local Gainesville missionary Sister Hazel Williams, the band is deeply committed to charitable work. They founded Lyrics For Life and raised money for multiple children's cancer charities and more recently, partnered with Feed The Children to raise money to build a new feeding center for the families in the community of Los Laureles, Honduras.
20 Stages track and venue listing:
1. "Shame" Georgia Theater/Athens, GA
2. "Starfish" Great Stirrup Cay/The Bahamas
3. "Mandolin Moon" The Rock Boat/Norwegian Pearl
4. "One Love" Cymplify/Los Laureles, Honduras & Gainesville, FL
5. "The Road" Wildhorse Saloon/Nashville, TN
6. "Everything Else Disappears" The House of Blues/Orlando, FL
7. "Where You're Goin'" Cut Bait Festival/Columbus, GA
8. "World Inside My Head" The Windjammer/Isle of Palms, SC
9. "Karaoke Song" Freemont Street/Las Vegas, NV
10. "Release" Lake Martin Amphitheater/Eclectic, AL
11. "Roll On Bye" Ziggy's/Winston Salem, NC
12. "This Kind of Love" Keenan Auditorium/Wilmington, NC
13. "Feel It" Center Stage Theatre/Atlanta, GA
14. "Change Your Mind" "The Swamp" at Florida Field/Gainesville, FL
15. "Concede" 9:30 Club/Washington, DC
16. "Champagne High" Irving Plaza/New York, NY
17. "Your Mistake" Paradise Rock Club/Boston, MA
18. "Take It With Me" The Vogue/Indianapolis, IN
19. "Swan Dive" House of Blues/Chicago, IL
20. "All For You" Filmed on all 20 Stages