Donnerstag, 2. Februar 2012
Valerie Smith to perform at the McReynolds Memorial Concert with Del McCoury, McReynolds Tradition, The Whites, Jessie McReynolds, Retro Sisters
06:13 Christian Lamitschka No comments
Valerie Smith to perform at the McReynolds Memorial Concert with Del McCoury, McReynolds Tradition, The Whites, Jessie McReynolds, Retro Sisters, Stetson & Cia...., February 2, 2012
"Texas Troubadour Theater", in Nashville, TN, this Thursday on February 2, 2012 will host the 12th Annual McReynolds Memorial Concert, all proceeds benefit the "National Multiple Sclerosis Society" in honor of Keith McReynolds.
Location: The Texas Troubadour Theatre, 2416 Music Valley Drive, Nashville, TN 37214
Price: Adults: $15.00, Children 6-12: $7.00, Children 5 & under: Free
Schedule of Performances
(5:45pm – Welcome & Opening remarks by Amanda McReynolds, 5:50pm – Stacy Mulder – President, Midsouth Chapter, MS Society)
MC – Eddie Stubbs & Justin Bradford
6:00pm – Retro & Smiling
6:30pm – Stetson & Cia
7:00pm – The Del McCoury Band
7:30pm – Valerie Smith & Liberty Pike
8:00pm – Jesse McReynolds
8:30pm – The Gold Heart Sisters
9:00pm – The Whites
9:30pm – Mike Scott
10:00pm – The McReynolds Tradition
Upcoming News and Events for Valerie
*She has been recording a Roots and Country album that covers a wide range of styles. This is a work of leisure and love and plans are for a Fall release to honor her Roots and Americana community. Many hot names are involved in the creation of this project and the title has not yet been released. More to come in future news
*Valerie's passion remains in finishing her fun vision of her love for bluegrass through the project "Blame It On The Bluegrass, Volume 2, she will soon have a website just for this piece. The International Bluegrass Museum will always be something that she continues to respect and want to be a part of! There will be several versions of this project with many guest stars and it will become an annual event not just a project.
* Speaking of the highly successful, charted project, "Blame It On The Bluegrass", Valerie has been included in the nominees for "Traditional Female Vocalist of 2012" for SPGMA, to learn more about the awards show and the nominees, visit, http://www.spbgma.com/level2/natnom2012.html . If Valerie should receive the reward, she unfortunately will not be attending this year's events due to her recording schedule in Florida.
* VSLP has been rehearsing for the upcoming Spring concerts, it has been and exciting experience because the band is stepping out and trying new sounds, songs and ideas as well as mixing Valerie's popular songs from the past projects! http://www.valeriesmithonline.com/theband.cfm
* You may get to see Valerie on "America's Got Talent", she is considering the opportunity to be seen by via video. She is not sure if this is an avenue that fits her personality the best, but is considering the unique opportunity.
* Val keeps a road journal about her thoughts and adventures on the road and at home, some of the blogs are about music, some are just about everyday life. Here is an example from her website at http://www.valeriesmithonline.com/journal.cfm
* Plans are for Valerie to rub elbows with some of the artists this year and visit with them about their latest news. This will be available on here official website blog as well as possible avenues of radio station, web sites, and airplay direct.
Home is a journey in itself..
Location: Bell Buckle, TN
Date written: 01/31/2012
Date written: 01/31/2012
(Sample of Valerie's latest entry in her road journal)This is not a letter from a journey on the road, but one that is from home and in my heart. Since my short time off, I have gathered my thoughts and it has taken me a long time to share them intimately with you from a public forum.....read more on my link to my official website at http://www.valeriesmithonline.com/journal.cfm
Posted in: Country Music News
Powered by Blogger.