Friday, February 24, 2012
1:59 PM Christian Lamitschka No comments
Mountain Fever Records Releases New Single From Upcoming CD By The Spinney Brothers
Memories To Be Released March 13th
February 24, 2012, (Willis, VA) —Mountain Fever Records is releasing the debut single from the upcoming CD by Canada's international bluegrass band, The Spinney Brothers. "Memories", the single and also the title cut from the project, has been shipped and will be in the hands of programmers this week.
From the Annapolis Valley of Nova Scotia, Canada, brothers Allan Spinney on guitar and vocals and Rick Spinney on banjo and vocals debuted their band in 1992, featuring a tight brother duet vocal style that was immediately recognized for its energetic and distinctive sound. Since that time, the band has released 8 CDs independently and are recipients of many Eastern Canadian Bluegrass Awards including 3-time Vocal Group of the Year. In 2010, The Spinney Brothers were inducted into the Nova Scotia Country Music Hall of Fame. Joined by Gary Dalrymple on mandolin and Darryl Hebb on bass, The Spinney Brothers have performed professionally all over Canada and in the United States from California to Maine making them "Canada's International Bluegrass Band".
It was just last year during IBMA's World of Bluegrass conference in Nashville, TN that The Spinney Brothers and Mark Hodges of Mountain Fever Records were first united. "I had been made aware of The Spinney Brothers through a friend who suggested I give them a listen," stated Hodges. "I watched their progress as a band for about a year and when I discovered they would be in Nashville, I made a point to attend one of their late-night showcases. I was really pleased with what I saw and heard and their enthusiasm was also a big factor in our decision to sign them to Mountain Fever Records. We are really hoping to bring nationwide attention here in the U.S. to this great Canadian band."
The Spinney Brothers' debut CD for Mountain Fever Records, Memories, is due for release March 13th. The project produced by Ron Stewart includes music from notable songwriters such as Marshall Warwick, Carl Jackson, David Cooper, and Dave Lindsey as well as original music from Rick Spinney. The brother duo takes great pride in the song selection for this project. "The traditions of great songs in the past is a big part of what music was built upon," states Rick Spinney. "And great songs now and for the future are what we believe will sustain and elevate the music." The first single, "Memories", was written by Marshall Warwick, a very well established songwriter who has penned numerous songs recorded by such artists as Marty Raybon, Pine Mountain Railroad and Larry Sparks including the very popular duet with Sparks and Rhonda Vincent, "1-800-Do-U-Care".
Posted in: Country Music News
- Christina Lamitschka on Facebook
- Country Music News International Group on LinkIn
- Country Music News International Group on Facebook
- Country Music News International Group on Google+
- Country Music News International Radio Show Every Monday and Wednesday 15:00 - 17:00 (GMT) 16:00 - 18:00 Central European Time 9 am - 11 am Nashville Time On Tyrone Radio
- Country Music News International Radio Show Every Tuesday and Thursday 1100 - 1300 (GMT) 12:00 - 14:00 Central European Time 6 am - 8 am Nashville Time On Irish Country Radio
- Country Music News International Radio Show Every Wednesday 11:00 - 13:00 (GMT) 12:00 - 14:00 Central European Time 6 am - 8 am Nashville Time On Country Kanalen
- Courtyard Nashville Downtown
- Dallas Music
- Eagle Country Radio
- Eliza Music
- Lucy Malheur
- Nashville Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Tennessee Tourism
- ► February (88)
- ► January (126)
- ► December (95)
- ► November (91)
- ► October (63)
- ► September (131)
- ► August (174)
- ► July (208)
- ► June (179)
- ► May (220)
- ► April (190)
- ► March (188)
- ► February (164)
- ► January (227)
- ► December (171)
- ► November (206)
- ► October (227)
- ► September (243)
- ► August (229)
- ► July (257)
- ► June (221)
- ► May (317)
- ► April (287)
- ► March (245)
- MATT KENNON LEAVES NASHVILLE IN RECORD TIME
- Mustang Sally PR agreement with BKD Public Relatio...
- Carrie Underwood "Good Girl"
- Lucy Angel's "Cowboy Can" is available for downloa...
- UDO LINDENBERG FEAT. JAN DELAY
- SASCHA GRAMMEL: Der Puppet-Comedian der Superlativ...
- The Spinney Brothers New Single From Upcoming CD
- Unheilig - Verlegung der Autogrammstunden in Köln ...
- Country Music News International February 24. 2012...
- ▼ Feb 24 (9)
- ► January (231)
- ► December (217)
- ► November (249)
- ► October (273)
- ► September (308)
- ► August (236)
- ► July (248)
- ► June (262)
- ► May (193)
- ► April (329)
- ► March (372)
Powered by Blogger.