Wednesday, February 15, 2012
6:50 AM Christian Lamitschka No comments
The Man In Black Finds a Permanent Home in Music City with The Johnny Cash Museum
Mayor Karl Dean, the Cash family and friends and founders Bill and Shannon Miller welcomed press and industry executives to the future home of The Johnny Cash Museum on Tuesday, February 14, 2012. Located at 119 Third Avenue South between Demonbreun and Broadway, the museum will be en route between the tourist circulated Broadway strip and the Country Music Hall of Fame and Schermerhorn Symphony Center.
"It has been a lifelong dream of mine to showcase Johnny Cash's life and career in a world-class exhibit for all his fans from around the world to enjoy,” says founder Bill Miller. “Today we take the first step in making that dream a reality by announcing the birth of the Johnny Cash Museum, a world-class attraction opening in downtown Nashville, Tennessee. This venue will feature the world's largest, most comprehensive and important collection of Cash artifacts and memorabilia anywhere in the world. I am honored that Johnny's children and family have joined us in enthusiastically supporting our project by sharing their precious artifacts with his fans."
The Johnny Cash Museum is projected to open its doors in summer 2012. Many never before seen historical documents, letters, awards, costumes and instruments will take the visitor on a three dimensional journey through Johnny Cash’s life with innovative interactions via the Nashville based Griffin Technologies. The museum unites the extensive and acclaimed collection of Bill Miller, longtime friend of Cash’s and founder of the official Johnny Cash website www.JohnnyCash.Com, and pieces from friends, colleagues and family members including his daughters, son and siblings. The collection will feature the earliest known Johnny Cash letters and documents as well as the handwritten manuscript to the last song ever written by the prolific songwriter, just days before his passing. Visitors also will be given an extensive look into Cash’s non-entertainment related life including his childhood and early adulthood and his service in the United States Air Force.
The museum will occupy the site at 119 Third Avenue South with Phase One featuring a museum store, permanent exhibits and a multipurpose venue for performances, special exhibits and other events. Phase Two includes absorbing the balance of the ground floor space as it becomes available, as well as the top floor, bringing the ultimate square footage of the museum facility to 18,000 square feet. Plans include additional exhibit space, an enlarged performance area, an onsite food venue and working archives.
Columbia/ Legacy, a division of SONY MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT will be releasing BOOTLEG VOL. IV: THE SOUL OF TRUTH at all physical and digital retail outlets starting April 3rd. The project is a 2-CD, 51-track collection which compiles gospel and spiritual recordings (both released and previously unreleased) made by Cash in the 1970s and ’80s.
To stay updated on the museum and Johnny Cash, visit www.johnnycash.com.
Posted in: Country Music News
- Christina Lamitschka on Facebook
- Country Music News International Group on LinkIn
- Country Music News International Group on Facebook
- Country Music News International Group on Google+
- Country Music News International Radio Show Every Monday and Wednesday 15:00 - 17:00 (GMT) 16:00 - 18:00 Central European Time 9 am - 11 am Nashville Time On Tyrone Radio
- Country Music News International Radio Show Every Tuesday and Thursday 1100 - 1300 (GMT) 12:00 - 14:00 Central European Time 6 am - 8 am Nashville Time On Irish Country Radio
- Country Music News International Radio Show Every Wednesday 11:00 - 13:00 (GMT) 12:00 - 14:00 Central European Time 6 am - 8 am Nashville Time On Country Kanalen
- Courtyard Nashville Downtown
- Dallas Music
- Eagle Country Radio
- Eliza Music
- Lucy Malheur
- Nashville Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Richard Lynch
- Stephanie Grace
- Tennessee Tourism
- ► December (107)
- ► November (129)
- ► October (134)
- ► September (43)
- ► August (104)
- ► July (109)
- ► June (133)
- ► May (139)
- ► April (152)
- ► March (106)
- ► February (88)
- ► January (126)
- ► December (95)
- ► November (91)
- ► October (63)
- ► September (131)
- ► August (174)
- ► July (208)
- ► June (179)
- ► May (220)
- ► April (190)
- ► March (188)
- ► February (164)
- ► January (227)
- ► December (171)
- ► November (206)
- ► October (227)
- ► September (243)
- ► August (229)
- ► July (256)
- ► June (221)
- ► May (317)
- ► April (287)
- ► March (245)
- Brad Paisley's Virtual Reality World Tour
- 15.02.2012 CD Veröffentlichung / News / TV Hinweis...
- 15.02.2012 CD Veröffentlichung / News / TV Hinweis...
- Danny Morrison, legendary songwriter, passed away ...
- BELLAMY BROTHERS SET FOR NATIONAL TV APPEARANCES
- Justin Moore to PLA Roster
- CHRIS YOUNG COLLECTS MORE CAREER ACCOLADES
- DIERKS BENTLEY TOPS BILLBOARD’S COUNTRY ALBUM CHAR...
- KENNY ROGERS SUES RECORD LABEL
- Record labels have been ripping off artists for ye...
- Nashville Music Guide honors Christian Lamitschka
- Ein Museum für Johnny Cash
- 77 Bombay Street - Mit Platinstatus im Gepäck auf ...
- Country Music News International February 15. 2012...
- Interview with ALL MANKIND
- New CD By The Heather Berry & Tony Mabe Show
- The Man In Black Finds a Permanent Home in Music C...
- ▼ Feb 15 (17)
- ► January (231)
- ► December (217)
- ► November (249)
- ► October (273)
- ► September (308)
- ► August (236)
- ► July (248)
- ► June (262)
- ► May (193)
- ► April (329)
- ► March (372)
Powered by Blogger.