Tuesday, February 28, 2012
3:49 PM Christian Lamitschka No comments
New Album, Chronology, Volume One
by Lonesome River Band
by Lonesome River Band
First of Three Albums Commemorating Band’s 30th Anniversary
February 28, 2012 (Nashville, TN) -- Rural Rhythm Records is proud to announce today's new album release, CHRONOLOGY, VOLUME ONE by the award-winning LONESOME RIVER BAND. The album is the first of three 8 song EPS releasing this year commemorating the band’s thirty year milestone. “Lonesome River Band has done what few bands have done, continuously reinvented itself through the years, staying both popular and relevant,” said Keith Lawrence (Owensboro Messenger-Inquirer and Bluegrass Notes Reviewer).
The CHRONOLOGY series features updated versions of many of the Lonesome River Band’s most popular songs during each decade with the talents of Virginia Country Music Hall of Famer and four-time IBMA Banjo Player of the Year, Sammy Shelor (Banjo); Brandon Rickman (Harmony Vocal, Guitar); Mike Hartgrove (Fiddle); Barry Reed (Harmony Vocal, Bass); and Randy Jones (Lead Vocal, Mandolin). CHRONOLOGY, VOLUME ONE was produced by Lonesome River Band and includes the tracks:
1. Close the Door Lightly When You Go (E. Anderson) – first single release
2. The Old Man In the Shanty (John Michael Green)
3. Laura Jean (Jim Burns)
4. The Game Is Over (David Carroll)
5. Mary Ann (Johnny Stills, Lonnie Treat)
6. I’m Afraid To Love You Anymore (Jimmie Skinner)
7. Hobo Blues (Billy Smith)
8. Angeline The Baker (instrumental)
Fans can tune into WSM Radio today at 9:00 AM (Central) when host Bill Cody welcomes Sammy Shelor and Brandon Rickman to the show. On Wednesday Shelor will be appear on WorldwideBluegrass.com with host Terry Poirier at 10:30 AM (Eastern) and later in the day with live in-studio interview with hosts Jay Allen and Sherry Boyd on WBRF Radio in Galax, Virginia at 8:00 PM.
Lonesome River Band has two previous #1 albums on Rural Rhythm, STILL LEARNING and NO TURNING BACK, that topped album and single charts such as Bluegrass Unlimited Magazine, Bluegrass Music Profiles Magazine, Cashbox Magazine, Power Source Magazine, Roots Music Report Top 50 Bluegrass, SiriusXM Bluegrass Junction Most Played Tracks and Most Played Artists, and many more. They were also involved in two live album projects for the label including: the recently released A BILL MONROE 100TH YEAR CELEBRATION – LIVE AT BEAN BLOSSOM, produced by Sammy Shelor; plus THE ALL-STAR JAM – LIVE AT GRAVES MOUNTAIN, produced by Mark Newton, that received four 2010 International Bluegrass Music Association (IBMA) award nominations including one for ALBUM OF THE YEAR.
In November 2011, the Lonesome River Band with special guest, Steve Martin performed on The Late Show with David Letterman in celebration of Sammy Shelor’s award for The Steve Martin Prize for Excellence in Banjo and Bluegrass. Martin and Shelor sat down with the late night host who proudly displayed the award followed by an incredible performance of “Molly” (NO TURNING BACK) by band members, Brandon Rickman (lead vocals and guitar), Mike Hartgrove (fiddle), Barry Reed (bass and harmony vocals), Randy Jones (mandolin and harmony vocals) along with Steve Martin and Sammy Shelor on banjo.
Stay tuned for upcoming announcements regarding CHRONOLOGY Volumes Two and Three including details on a big event celebration scheduled for later this year. For more information on the Lonesome River Band including upcoming tour dates, please visit LonesomeRiverBand.com.
Posted in: Country Music News
- Christina Lamitschka on Facebook
- Country Music News International Group on LinkIn
- Country Music News International Group on Facebook
- Country Music News International Group on Google+
- Country Music News International Radio Show Every Monday and Wednesday 15:00 - 17:00 (GMT) 16:00 - 18:00 Central European Time 9 am - 11 am Nashville Time On Tyrone Radio
- Country Music News International Radio Show Every Tuesday and Thursday 1100 - 1300 (GMT) 12:00 - 14:00 Central European Time 6 am - 8 am Nashville Time On Irish Country Radio
- Country Music News International Radio Show Every Wednesday 11:00 - 13:00 (GMT) 12:00 - 14:00 Central European Time 6 am - 8 am Nashville Time On Country Kanalen
- Courtyard Nashville Downtown
- Dallas Music
- Eagle Country Radio
- Eliza Music
- Lucy Malheur
- Nashville Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Richard Lynch
- Stephanie Grace
- Tennessee Tourism
- ► October (88)
- ► September (43)
- ► August (104)
- ► July (109)
- ► June (133)
- ► May (139)
- ► April (152)
- ► March (106)
- ► February (88)
- ► January (126)
- ► December (95)
- ► November (91)
- ► October (63)
- ► September (131)
- ► August (174)
- ► July (208)
- ► June (179)
- ► May (220)
- ► April (190)
- ► March (188)
- ► February (164)
- ► January (227)
- ► December (171)
- ► November (206)
- ► October (227)
- ► September (243)
- ► August (229)
- ► July (256)
- ► June (221)
- ► May (317)
- ► April (287)
- ► March (245)
- Adam Gregory To Release New Single and Album on Fe...
- CRAIG MORGAN’S THIS OLE BOY ALBUM IN STORES TODAY
- Sandra Piller Fan Video is 'Easy to Love'
- Willie Nelson Honors Unforgettable Music on “Remem...
- Codie Prevost on CTV
- JOHNNY CASH TO BE CELEBRATED WITH “WE WALK THE LIN...
- BILLY DEAN SIGNS WITH BEVERLY HILLS-BASED RON RAI...
- HANK III PROJECT ‘LONG GONE DADDY’
- Sweet Potato Pie Brand New Day
- Lonesome River Band Chronology Volume One
- KENNY CHESNEY FEATURED AS LATE NIGHT WITH JIMMY FA...
- Jerrod Niemann To Release New Single “Shinin’On Me...
- Country Music News International February 28. 2012...
- Billy Dean Interview by Christian Lamitschka from ...
- The Lost Trailers single “Underdog” jumped into th...
- DIERKS BENTLEY’S “HOME” TRANSCENDS BORDERS THIS WE...
- ▼ Feb 28 (16)
- ► January (231)
- ► December (217)
- ► November (249)
- ► October (273)
- ► September (308)
- ► August (236)
- ► July (248)
- ► June (262)
- ► May (193)
- ► April (329)
- ► March (372)
Powered by Blogger.