Tuesday, January 10, 2012
8:02 PM Christian Lamitschka No comments
L to R: Kevin Lamb (VP, Nashville), Kathy Spanberger (President and COO), Michael Knox (Sr. Creative Director), Neil Thrasher, Kim Wiggins (Creative Manager) and Chip Petree (Copyright Exchange / Petree Law)
ACCLAIMED SONGWRITER NEIL THRASHER
JOINS peermusic WRITER’S ROSTER
NASHVILLE –(Jan. 10, 2012) -- peermusic is proud to announce the signing of award-winning singer/songwriter Neil Thrasher to their roster as a staff writer. Thrasher, the 2004 ASCAP Songwriter of the Year, has penned numerous hit singles throughout the past two decades, including “There Goes My Life” and “I Lost It,” for Kenny Chesney, the chart-toppers “Fast Cars and Freedom’ and “Take Me There” for Rascal Flatts, and “What Do You Say” for Reba McEntire, and most recently Jason Aldean's "Tattoos On This Town" which was a #1 song and Rascal Flatts first single of 2012 called "Banjo."
“When Michael Knox joined the company he and I developed a game plan as to how we would move forward. As was the case with Vicky McGehee, Neil was at the top of our list of writers we wanted to work with. Neil rounds out that core, and comes to us with not only talent and respect, but a lot of energy. It’s a great way to start the year,” says Kevin Lamb- Vice President/ peermusic Nashville.
“I am very excited to finally be working with Neil. We’ve known each other for over 10 years and I’ve always been a huge fan. There’s nothing better than working with someone you respect so much and on top of that, be able to call them a friend,” comments Michael Knox- Producer/Creative Director/ peermusic Nashville.
A Birmingham native, Thrasher grew up surrounded by music. His father was a member of the gospel group the Thrasher Brothers, (who were inducted into the Alabama Music Hall of Fame in 2005,) and he soon followed in his father’s footsteps, moving to Nashville and pursuing his own music career. In 1996 he signed to Atlantic Records as part of the duo Thrasher Shiver and began landing cuts for other artists like Diamond Rio and Billy Ray Cyrus that same year.
Over the past decade Thrasher has penned hits for Jason Aldean, Rascal Flatts, Kenny Chesney, Montgomery Gentry, Carrie Underwood and Trace Adkins, among others. He won the Gospel Music Association Country Song of the Year Award in 2010 for his song “Somebody Like Me,” which was recorded by Christian artist Jason Crabb.
"I am very excited about my new partnership with peermusic. Everyone has made me feel at home and I'm looking forward to our future together," says Thrasher.
Founded by Ralph S. Peer in 1928, peermusic is the world’s largest global independent publishing company which operates 35 offices in 28 countries. With well over a quarter of a million titles in the company’s catalogue, and songs that vary from country, blues, jazz and pop to Latin, concert and rock ‘n’ roll, peermusic is the largest privately owned company of its kind in the world.
Posted in: Country Music News
- Christina Lamitschka on Facebook
- Country Music News International Group on LinkIn
- Country Music News International Group on Facebook
- Country Music News International Group on Google+
- Country Music News International Radio Show Every Monday and Wednesday 15:00 - 17:00 (GMT) 16:00 - 18:00 Central European Time 9 am - 11 am Nashville Time On Tyrone Radio
- Country Music News International Radio Show Every Tuesday and Thursday 1100 - 1300 (GMT) 12:00 - 14:00 Central European Time 6 am - 8 am Nashville Time On Irish Country Radio
- Country Music News International Radio Show Every Wednesday 11:00 - 13:00 (GMT) 12:00 - 14:00 Central European Time 6 am - 8 am Nashville Time On Country Kanalen
- Courtyard Nashville Downtown
- Dallas Music
- Eagle Country Radio
- Eliza Music
- Lucy Malheur
- Nashville Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Tennessee Tourism
- ► March (42)
- ► February (88)
- ► January (126)
- ► December (95)
- ► November (91)
- ► October (63)
- ► September (131)
- ► August (174)
- ► July (208)
- ► June (179)
- ► May (220)
- ► April (190)
- ► March (188)
- ► February (164)
- ► January (227)
- ► December (171)
- ► November (206)
- ► October (227)
- ► September (243)
- ► August (229)
- ► July (257)
- ► June (221)
- ► May (317)
- ► April (287)
- ► March (245)
- ► February (248)
- Lady Of Tradition Receives A Key To The City Of Ga...
- RODNEY ATKINS SET TO PERFORM ON ABC’s JIMMY KIMMEL...
- Gene Watson's Best of the Best: 25 Greatest Hits
- DIERKS BENTLEY EARNS GOLD CERTIFICATION
- Marlee Scott Releases New Single for 2012, “Train ...
- NEIL THRASHER JOINS peermusic WRITER’S ROSTER
- TIM McGRAW DIGITAL SINGLE FROM FORTHCOMING ALBUM E...
- Mark Wayne Glasmire, Celebrates EP Rollout With Gl...
- “Close The Door Lightly When You Go” by Lonesome R...
- “Justified” music video released by Cumberland Riv...
- “I’ve Seen What He Can Do” by Marty Raybon
- Country Music News International January 10th 2012...
- David Frizzell Supports Mothers Against Drunk Driv...
- ▼ Jan 10 (13)
- ► December (217)
- ► November (249)
- ► October (273)
- ► September (308)
- ► August (236)
- ► July (248)
- ► June (262)
- ► May (193)
- ► April (329)
- ► March (372)
Powered by Blogger.