Wednesday, January 18, 2012
6:56 AM Christian Lamitschka No comments
Matt Kennon Makes Music That Matters
* * *
New Single "You Had To Pick On Me," Takes A Stand
Against The Current Headline Making Topic Of Bullying
LISTEN TO "You Had To Pick On Me" HERE: http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_11784398
NASHVILLE, TN _ January 16th, 2012 – Country rocker Matt Kennon’s 2010 Top 20 and #1 Heatseeker Billboard hit “The Call” shined a spotlight on a conversation. That conversation inspired another conversation, and another. Word spread, and soon everyone was talking about “The Call,” reaching out to one another, sharing its reaffirming message to help prevent suicide.
Here In 2012, Matt keeps the conversation going. With his new recording, “You Had to Pick On Me,” he continues the conversation in song.
“He said, ‘No one is nice to me, they laugh at me.’ He told me he didn’t have any friends.” Matt shares the tender meeting he had with a second grader named Logan. “And I said, ‘Well, you do now.’”
It was just supposed to be a lunch with his niece and his sister, at the time a teacher’s aide at the Rocky Plains Elementary School in Georgia. And there was Logan, sad and alone, a victim of bullying. Matt answered the call and reached out.
Matt extended his conversation of hope to Logan, and then to the student that was bullying Logan. And then, to the rest of us. And now it’s your turn. “You Had To Pick On Me” isn’t just another great country song with gritty vocals and an anthem-like chorus that stays with you. It’s an honest plea to stop bullying. It’s music that matters. It’s a conversation we should all join.
Matt’s new single is his stand against bullying. “It’s not fluff, it’s not fictional. People are hurting.” Matt’s enthusiasm is infectious. That’s because he truly believes together we can make a difference. “Bullying isn’t just in schools. I’ve been bullied, it goes on in the industry, it goes on in the workplace.”
And wherever the conversation leads, Matt will go. Check Matt’s website for upcoming tour information. And join in on the conversation. “Friend,” “Follow,” “Share,” “Like,” “Link,” and help spread the word. Festivals, schools, educational facilities, workplace inspirational seminars and celebrations - if there’s anywhere you want to open a dialogue through Matt’s music, do it. Contact Matt for bookings with your ideas. Fan videos, contests… there are lots of ways to get involved. Matt welcomes and encourages it. What do you have to say?
Maybe it’s because Matt Kennon’s about to become a father. Maybe it’s because there really is someone out there right now this second that desperately needs to hear this new song with this message. Maybe it’s because Matt has endured some personal challenges, just as everyone has. Logan isn’t alone; he’s one of many. That’s why it’s so important, now more than ever, to talk about it. After “The Call” Matt waited until he had something else to say, something that could continue and matter.
Bullying is cruel, and unnecessary, and unconscionable. Don’t wait until it’s too late to talk about it, before you share the message.
Oh, and Logan? “He’s doing well,” Matt sighs with relief. “He’s in 3rd grade now, yeah, he’s doing very well.”
“You Had To Pick On Me” is available for download on iTunes amongst other outlets.
Posted in: Country Music News
- Christina Lamitschka on Facebook
- Country Music News International Group on LinkIn
- Country Music News International Group on Facebook
- Country Music News International Group on Google+
- Country Music News International Radio Show Every Monday and Wednesday 15:00 - 17:00 (GMT) 16:00 - 18:00 Central European Time 9 am - 11 am Nashville Time On Tyrone Radio
- Country Music News International Radio Show Every Tuesday and Thursday 1100 - 1300 (GMT) 12:00 - 14:00 Central European Time 6 am - 8 am Nashville Time On Irish Country Radio
- Country Music News International Radio Show Every Wednesday 11:00 - 13:00 (GMT) 12:00 - 14:00 Central European Time 6 am - 8 am Nashville Time On Country Kanalen
- Courtyard Nashville Downtown
- Dallas Music
- Eagle Country Radio
- Eliza Music
- Lucy Malheur
- Nashville Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Tennessee Tourism
- ► April (80)
- ► March (106)
- ► February (88)
- ► January (126)
- ► December (95)
- ► November (91)
- ► October (63)
- ► September (131)
- ► August (174)
- ► July (208)
- ► June (179)
- ► May (220)
- ► April (190)
- ► March (188)
- ► February (164)
- ► January (227)
- ► December (171)
- ► November (206)
- ► October (227)
- ► September (243)
- ► August (229)
- ► July (257)
- ► June (221)
- ► May (317)
- ► April (287)
- ► March (245)
- ► February (248)
- "Trailblazer” Music Video and Radio Single Release...
- More FREE music from Victoria Shaw??? That's crazy...
- CRAIG CAMPBELL TO PERFORM ON FOX NEWS CHANNEL’S ‘H...
- RANDY TRAVIS: SILVER ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION
- MUSIC CITY RADIO PETITIONS FANS to fine-tune airpl...
- Country Music News International January 18th 2012...
- Matt Kennon Makes Music That Matters
- Cowboys and Angels
- NEW ACOUSTIC VERSIONS OF AMERICA’S BIGGEST HITS
- Album releases from Colt Ford, The Lacs and JB and...
- Zac Brown Band Meets Jack Daniel’s Brand
- LADY ANTEBELLUM REACHES DOUBLE PLATINUM AND GOLD S...
- The Roys, Tape PBS Special
- Natalie HOWARD's new single 'FEEL LIKE LETTING GO'...
- ▼ Jan 18 (14)
- ► December (217)
- ► November (249)
- ► October (273)
- ► September (308)
- ► August (236)
- ► July (248)
- ► June (262)
- ► May (193)
- ► April (329)
- ► March (372)
Powered by Blogger.