Tuesday, January 10, 2012
7:51 PM Christian Lamitschka No comments
Award-Winning Songwriter, Mark Wayne Glasmire, Celebrates EP Rollout With Global Nod, Hot U.S. Single & Video Adds
Nashville, TN (January 10, 2012) -- Award-winning songwriter, Mark Wayne Glasmire, celebrates today's rollout of his newest EP release, MARK WAYNE GLASMIRE/Traceway Records, with a global nod, a hot U.S. single, and key video adds. Glasmire, who ruled the International HotDisc Chart for nine consecutive weeks last year, was recently named the Chart's "Most Popular Artist for 2011." His current U.S. single, "Going Home," is moving rapidly up the Music Row Chart, sitting at #60 this week, and the artist's debut video has just been added to GACtv.com and CMT.com. The "Going Home" video can also be seen on The Country Network, American Music Channel, Roughstock, Yallwire and Yahoo!Music.
"Things have definitely been on the upswing," says the honey-voiced tenor with a laugh. "The new disc seems to resonate with early reviewers and the fan response to the single has been amazing."
Glasmire has long been a favorite of music critics. With MARK WAYNE GLASMIRE he is winning over even more tastemakers.
"MWG is made up of seven satisfying tracks. In a field of EPs that could easily benefit
from editing, this group of songs has been put together with care; the tracks complement
each other and leave you wanting more. It's refreshing... and it reminds me a bit of the moment years ago when I first heard a young Collin Raye perform." - ParcBench.com
"The songs are filled with infectious instrumental hooks and Glasmire has a very good,
warm voice. Mark has a flare for a song." - No Depression
"Glasmire is a throwback to the days of soothing, thoughtful singer/songwriters
such as James Taylor, John Denver, Harry Chapin and Dan Fogelberg. He unabashedly
makes music for baby boomers, writing songs steeped in melodies, lyrics and an air of familiarity. His songs exude the creative honesty of a true artist." - Dallas Morning News
Mark's music has carried him from the New York City folk scene to the storied songwriter nights of Nashville, TN (Bluebird Cafe, Exit-In, Wildhorse Saloon). He's opened shows for top-tier acts like Guy Clark and Dierks Bentley, and has become a sought-after performer at music halls, pubs and festivals across the U.S. Since the release of his 2009 CD, LIFE GOES ON, Mark's enjoyed hits on the national Music Row Chart, including the Top 40, "You Opened My Eyes," and he's won international acclaim with a string of #1s on the International HotDisc Chart. Glasmire has also won numerous songwriting competitions, including: 2010Chris Austin Songwriting Contest -Merlefest, NC - GRAND PRIZE WINNER / COUNTRY DIVISION; 2010 Wildflower Performing Songwriter Contest - Richardson, TX; 2009 GINA/LAWIM Songwriting Competition - Los Angeles, CA - GRAND PRIZE WINNER; 2008 Dallas Songwriter's Assoc. Songwriting Contest, Dallas, TX - GRAND PRIZE WINNER; 2008 B. W. Stevenson Memorial Songwriting Competition-Dallas, TX - GRAND PRIZE WINNER.
Posted in: Country Music News
- Christina Lamitschka on Facebook
- Country Music News International Group on LinkIn
- Country Music News International Group on Facebook
- Country Music News International Group on Google+
- Country Music News International Radio Show Every Monday and Wednesday 15:00 - 17:00 (GMT) 16:00 - 18:00 Central European Time 9 am - 11 am Nashville Time On Tyrone Radio
- Country Music News International Radio Show Every Tuesday and Thursday 1100 - 1300 (GMT) 12:00 - 14:00 Central European Time 6 am - 8 am Nashville Time On Irish Country Radio
- Country Music News International Radio Show Every Wednesday 11:00 - 13:00 (GMT) 12:00 - 14:00 Central European Time 6 am - 8 am Nashville Time On Country Kanalen
- Courtyard Nashville Downtown
- Dallas Music
- Eagle Country Radio
- Eliza Music
- Lucy Malheur
- Nashville Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Richard Lynch
- Stephanie Grace
- Tennessee Tourism
- ► November (129)
- ► October (134)
- ► September (43)
- ► August (104)
- ► July (109)
- ► June (133)
- ► May (139)
- ► April (152)
- ► March (106)
- ► February (88)
- ► January (126)
- ► December (95)
- ► November (91)
- ► October (63)
- ► September (131)
- ► August (174)
- ► July (208)
- ► June (179)
- ► May (220)
- ► April (190)
- ► March (188)
- ► February (164)
- ► January (227)
- ► December (171)
- ► November (206)
- ► October (227)
- ► September (243)
- ► August (229)
- ► July (256)
- ► June (221)
- ► May (317)
- ► April (287)
- ► March (245)
- ► February (248)
- Lady Of Tradition Receives A Key To The City Of Ga...
- RODNEY ATKINS SET TO PERFORM ON ABC’s JIMMY KIMMEL...
- Gene Watson's Best of the Best: 25 Greatest Hits
- DIERKS BENTLEY EARNS GOLD CERTIFICATION
- Marlee Scott Releases New Single for 2012, “Train ...
- NEIL THRASHER JOINS peermusic WRITER’S ROSTER
- TIM McGRAW DIGITAL SINGLE FROM FORTHCOMING ALBUM E...
- Mark Wayne Glasmire, Celebrates EP Rollout With Gl...
- “Close The Door Lightly When You Go” by Lonesome R...
- “Justified” music video released by Cumberland Riv...
- “I’ve Seen What He Can Do” by Marty Raybon
- Country Music News International January 10th 2012...
- David Frizzell Supports Mothers Against Drunk Driv...
- ▼ Jan 10 (13)
- ► December (217)
- ► November (249)
- ► October (273)
- ► September (308)
- ► August (236)
- ► July (248)
- ► June (262)
- ► May (193)
- ► April (329)
- ► March (372)
Powered by Blogger.