Friday, October 21, 2011
3:31 PM Christian Lamitschka No comments
The Country Network Adds Mark Wayne Glasmire's "Going Home" To Breaking Out Playlist
Portion of Proceeds From Video/Single Sales Go To Combat Marine Outdoors
Glasmire Begins Radio Tour Next Week
Mark Wayne Glasmire on location in Leipers Fork, TN during video shoot for "Going Home." (Photo Credit: Bell-Jarboe Films)
Nashville, TN (October 20, 2011) -- The Country Network (www.tcncountry.com) adds Mark Wayne Glasmire's "Going Home" video to its Breaking Out playlist this week. The powerful video will debut on TCN Friday, October 21, at 7:14 p.m. and again on Saturday, October 22, at 10:14 a.m. (all times local). Since its release last month, the piece is approaching 10,000 views via YouTube, various social media outlets and broadcast networks worldwide. The track is from Mark's upcoming 2012 EP, MARK WAYNE GLASMIRE.
For Glasmire, the early success of the single and the video are emotionally gratifying. "I believe every American owes their thanks to the men and women who serve our country," he states. A Texas resident, Glasmire felt compelled to offer his personal support to veterans and chose Combat Marine Outdoors (a Texas-based charity that provides Dream Hunts and Outdoor Adventures for severely wounded veterans of all service branches) to receive a portion of the proceeds from video/single sales. "It's just my way of acknowledging their sacrifice," adds Glasmire, who is a devoted outdoorsman himself.
Mark wrote "Going Home" following a conversation with an old friend who was retiring after a decades-long career with the US Marine Corps. The moving video was directed and produced by Harold Jarboe of Bell-Jarboe films, and was shot on location in the beautiful farmland and rolling hills of Leipers Fork, TN, with additional scenes filmed in and around Nashville. Video promotion is being handled by Steve Baker with Visual Image Marketing.
To support his single and upcoming EP, Glasmire will be visiting radio stations for the next several weeks. Next week, Mark will visit the following:
October 25 WTCM / Traverse City, MI
October 25 WATZ / Alpena, MI
October 26 WJNR / Iron Mountain, MI
October 26 WJMQ / Shawano, WI
October 27 WCOW / Sparta, WI
October 27 WGLR / Platteville, WI
October 27 WJVL / Janesville, WI
October 28 KSMA / Mason City, IA
October 28 KLMJ / Hampton, IA
Mark's music has carried him from the New York City folk scene to the storied songwriter nights of Nashville, TN (Bluebird Cafe, Exit-In, Wildhorse Saloon). He's opened shows for top-tier acts like Guy Clark and Dierks Bentley, and has become a sought-after performer at music halls, pubs and festivals across the U.S. Since the release of his 2009 CD, LIFE GOES ON, Mark's enjoyed hits on the national Music Row Chart, including the Top 40, "You Opened My Eyes," and he's won international acclaim with a string of #1s on the Country Hotdisc Chart. Glasmire has also won numerous songwriting competitions, including: 2010 Chris Austin Songwriting Contest - Merlefest, NC - GRAND PRIZE WINNER / COUNTRY DIVISION; 2010 Wildflower Performing Songwriter Contest - Richardson, TX; 2009 GINA/LAWIM Songwriting Competition - Los Angeles, CA - GRAND PRIZE WINNER; 2008 Dallas Songwriter's Assoc. Songwriting Contest, Dallas, TX - GRAND PRIZE WINNER; 2008 B. W. Stevenson Memorial Songwriting Competition-Dallas, TX - GRAND PRIZE WINNER. www.markwayneglasmire.com
Explore Combat Marine Outdoors at www.combatmarineoutdoors.org.
Posted in: Country Music News
- Christina Lamitschka on Facebook
- Country Music News International Group on LinkIn
- Country Music News International Group on Facebook
- Country Music News International Group on Google+
- Country Music News International Radio Show Every Monday and Wednesday 15:00 - 17:00 (GMT) 16:00 - 18:00 Central European Time 9 am - 11 am Nashville Time On Tyrone Radio
- Country Music News International Radio Show Every Tuesday and Thursday 1100 - 1300 (GMT) 12:00 - 14:00 Central European Time 6 am - 8 am Nashville Time On Irish Country Radio
- Country Music News International Radio Show Every Wednesday 11:00 - 13:00 (GMT) 12:00 - 14:00 Central European Time 6 am - 8 am Nashville Time On Country Kanalen
- Courtyard Nashville Downtown
- Dallas Music
- Eagle Country Radio
- Eliza Music
- Lucy Malheur
- Nashville Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Tennessee Tourism
- ► February (88)
- ► January (126)
- ► December (95)
- ► November (91)
- ► October (63)
- ► September (131)
- ► August (174)
- ► July (208)
- ► June (179)
- ► May (220)
- ► April (190)
- ► March (188)
- ► February (164)
- ► January (227)
- ► December (171)
- ► November (206)
- ► October (227)
- ► September (243)
- ► August (229)
- ► July (257)
- ► June (221)
- ► May (317)
- ► April (287)
- ► March (245)
- ► February (248)
- ► January (231)
- ► December (217)
- ► November (249)
- SARA EVANS, MARTINA MCBRIDE, SCOTTY MCCREERY, SUGA...
- 3rd Bluegrass Jamboree! on Tour EUROPE
- Win A Trip to Stockholm to see Toby Keith
- Schmidt EP „Above Sin City“ + auf Tour in München,...
- New Robbie Williams Album
- BAG RAIDERS Gold für WAY BACK HOME
- Mark Wayne Glasmire's "Going Home"
- Country Music News International October 21st, 201...
- SIMBA JORDON SECURES PERFORMANCE DEAL WITH ROD’S W...
- ▼ Oct 21 (9)
- ► September (308)
- ► August (236)
- ► July (248)
- ► June (262)
- ► May (193)
- ► April (329)
- ► March (372)
Powered by Blogger.