Wednesday, September 7, 2011
6:40 AM Christian Lamitschka No comments
GRAND OLE OPRY SUPERSTAR
PRESENTS A PIECE OF HISTORY TO CMA
CMA will keep in safe-keeping Jack Greene’s historical awards from his 1967 super year. Jack won the three most prestigious CMA awards that any artist could ever think of winning. The triple crown awards have not been awarded to another artist since that time, and I don’t believe they ever will again. There is a story here, but better left unwritten.
GRAND OLE OPRY MEMBER JACK GREENE GIVES CMA ORIGINAL TROPHIES DURING NOMINEE ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR "THE 45th ANNUAL CMA AWARDS" IN NASHVILLE
NASHVILLE - Jack Greene, a beloved member of the Grand Ole Opry, was present at the announcement Tuesday of the final nominees for "The 45th Annual CMA Awards" at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville.
Greene, who was CMA's first CMA Male Vocalist of the Year in 1967, used the occasion of the 45th anniversary of the CMA Awards to present CMA with his original trophies for Male Vocalist, Single of the Year for "There Goes My Everything," and Album of the Year for There Goes My Everything, released on Decca Records. The original walnut trophies featured a note-shaped medallion on a marble base with engraved plates and were a precursor to today's crystal version.
"My CMA Awards were one of the highlights of my 60-year career in Country Music," said Greene. "I have enjoyed having them on display in my home for many years and I feel that now, being the 45th year of the CMA Awards was a great time to share them with all who love Country Music as I do."
"It was a wonderful gesture on his part and a terrific opportunity as we announce this year's nominees to recognize the pioneering artists who paved the way," said Steve Moore, CMA Chief Executive Officer. "These CMA Awards are a treasured part of our history and we are honored to receive them from Mr. Greene."
"The 45th Annual CMA Awards" will be hosted for the fourth time by Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood and broadcast live from the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Wednesday, Nov. 9 (8:00-11:00 PM/ET) on the ABC Television Network.
The CMA Awards nominees and winners are determined by the 6,400 industry professional members of CMA, which was the first trade organization formed to promote an individual genre of music in 1958. The first CMA Awards Banquet and Show was held in 1967 at Nashville's Municipal Auditorium. The following year, the CMA Awards moved to the Ryman Auditorium and were broadcast for the first time on the NBC Television Network - making it the longest running, annual music awards program on network television. The show aired on NBC through 1971 and on the CBS Television Network from 1972 through 2005 before moving to ABC in 2006.
Posted in: Country Music News
- Christina Lamitschka on Facebook
- Country Music News International Group on LinkIn
- Country Music News International Group on Facebook
- Country Music News International Group on Google+
- Country Music News International Radio Show Every Monday and Wednesday 15:00 - 17:00 (GMT) 16:00 - 18:00 Central European Time 9 am - 11 am Nashville Time On Tyrone Radio
- Country Music News International Radio Show Every Tuesday and Thursday 1100 - 1300 (GMT) 12:00 - 14:00 Central European Time 6 am - 8 am Nashville Time On Irish Country Radio
- Country Music News International Radio Show Every Wednesday 11:00 - 13:00 (GMT) 12:00 - 14:00 Central European Time 6 am - 8 am Nashville Time On Country Kanalen
- Courtyard Nashville Downtown
- Dallas Music
- Eagle Country Radio
- Eliza Music
- Lucy Malheur
- Nashville Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Richard Lynch
- Stephanie Grace
- Tennessee Tourism
- ► September (43)
- ► August (104)
- ► July (109)
- ► June (133)
- ► May (139)
- ► April (152)
- ► March (106)
- ► February (88)
- ► January (126)
- ► December (95)
- ► November (91)
- ► October (63)
- ► September (131)
- ► August (174)
- ► July (208)
- ► June (179)
- ► May (220)
- ► April (190)
- ► March (188)
- ► February (164)
- ► January (227)
- ► December (171)
- ► November (206)
- ► October (227)
- ► September (243)
- ► August (229)
- ► July (256)
- ► June (221)
- ► May (317)
- ► April (287)
- ► March (245)
- ► February (248)
- ► January (231)
- ► December (217)
- ► November (249)
- ► October (273)
- MUCH LOVE FEATURING VINCE GILL, RICKY SKAGGS, SAM ...
- Shawna Russell Lands #1 Single in Europe
- Initial slate of performers announced for IBMA
- LADY ANTEBELLUM SETS PLANS WITH FANS
- SAMMY SHELOR WINS BANJO AND BLUEGRASS PRIZE
- Janie Fricke and Moore & Moore Join The Roys
- NRA COUNTRY AND LUKE BRYAN HIT THE ROAD TOGETHER A...
- Country Music News of the Day / Country Musik News...
- Jeremy McComb message to the Fans
- JACK GREENE GRAND OLE OPRY SUPERSTAR
- Sammy Shelor Wins Steve Martin Prize
- ERIC CHURCH NOMINATED AS CMA’S NEW ARTIST OF THE Y...
- Tim Montana’s Freedom’s Never Free and Lea’s Praye...
- ▼ Sep 07 (13)
- ► August (236)
- ► July (248)
- ► June (262)
- ► May (193)
- ► April (329)
- ► March (372)
Powered by Blogger.