Wednesday, September 21, 2011
6:23 AM Christian Lamitschka No comments
Hit Maker Clay Walker and GAC’s Nan Kelley Join an All Star Line Up of Little Big Town & Lee Ann Womack to Bring Holiday Notes From Home to Grand Ole Opry
The annual Holiday Notes From Home Christmas concert is being taped Thursday, October 6th at 7pm at the Grand Ole Opry House. This event will be hosted by none other than GAC’s Nan Kelley and country music star Clay Walker.
The free tickets are an early holiday present to anyone who wishes to attend, with priority given to military families. The show will be taped live at the Opry and features performances by Little Big Town, Lee Ann Womack and a pre-show set by country outlaw Adam Fisher.
Members of the United States Air Force and Air Force Reserve, service members from Fort Campbell, KY, and the Tennessee Army & Air National Guard will be invited as special guests. They will accompany participating artists to send their holiday greetings to our soldiers and their families serving all around the world. The recording, Holiday Notes From Home, will air numerous times throughout the Christmas season on the Armed Forces Radio and Television Network (AFRTN).
The critically acclaimed foursome, Little Big Town, has sold millions of records to date and have played in front of over four million people on multiple nationwide tours. Collectively, the group has earned eight ACM nominations, nine CMA nominations, a TEEN CHOICE AWARD and four GRAMMY nominations. Hits include “Boondocks,” “Bring It On Home,” “Good As Gone,” and “Little White Church.” The group recently released a powerful video for the emotionally charged fan-favorite “Shut Up Train.” www.littlebigtown.com
Accomplishments have also been endless for Grammy-winner, former CMA Female Vocalist of the Year Lee Ann Womack. Womack has been nominated for an incredible 20 CMA Awards, and her ubiquitous six week #1 run of “I Hope You Dance” crossed genre lines. Along with a busy tour schedule, Womack is a humanitarian contributing to numerous causes, including JoinMyVillage.com. www.leeannwomack.com
Co-host, Clay Walker is a pure country mainstay with four platinum albums and one gold album to his credit, as well as 30 charting singles and four #1 records.
Fellow co-host, Nan Kelley is no stranger to the country music fans. Since 2003, Nan has been a fixture at The Grand Ole Opry, hosting the television program Opry Live.
Tickets are free and the event is open to everyone who wants to hear great music while showing their support for our military. If you have a loved one serving in the military, bring a sign to show some pride for your friend, spouse or family member. Tickets are available at the link below. The audience will need to be seated by 6:45 p.m.
WHO: Little Big Town & Lee Ann Womack
WHAT: Holiday Notes From Home hosted by GAC Host Nan Kelley and Clay Walker. A Christmas concert taping for Armed Forces Radio & Television to air on Christmas day and throughout the holiday season.
WHERE: The Grand Ole Opry, Nashville, TN
WHEN: Thursday, October 6th at 7pm
TICKETS: Reserved @ http://holidaynotesfromhome.eventbrite.com/
PARKING: Available for free at the Opry Mills lots adjacent to the Opry house.
Posted in: Country Music News
- Christina Lamitschka on Facebook
- Country Music News International Group on LinkIn
- Country Music News International Group on Facebook
- Country Music News International Group on Google+
- Country Music News International Radio Show Every Monday and Wednesday 15:00 - 17:00 (GMT) 16:00 - 18:00 Central European Time 9 am - 11 am Nashville Time On Tyrone Radio
- Country Music News International Radio Show Every Tuesday and Thursday 1100 - 1300 (GMT) 12:00 - 14:00 Central European Time 6 am - 8 am Nashville Time On Irish Country Radio
- Country Music News International Radio Show Every Wednesday 11:00 - 13:00 (GMT) 12:00 - 14:00 Central European Time 6 am - 8 am Nashville Time On Country Kanalen
- Courtyard Nashville Downtown
- Dallas Music
- Eagle Country Radio
- Eliza Music
- Lucy Malheur
- Nashville Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Richard Lynch
- Stephanie Grace
- Tennessee Tourism
- ► November (111)
- ► October (134)
- ► September (43)
- ► August (104)
- ► July (109)
- ► June (133)
- ► May (139)
- ► April (152)
- ► March (106)
- ► February (88)
- ► January (126)
- ► December (95)
- ► November (91)
- ► October (63)
- ► September (131)
- ► August (174)
- ► July (208)
- ► June (179)
- ► May (220)
- ► April (190)
- ► March (188)
- ► February (164)
- ► January (227)
- ► December (171)
- ► November (206)
- ► October (227)
- ► September (243)
- ► August (229)
- ► July (256)
- ► June (221)
- ► May (317)
- ► April (287)
- ► March (245)
- ► February (248)
- ► January (231)
- ► December (217)
- ► November (249)
- ► October (273)
- Brantley Gilbert Lands At #2
- TAYLOR SWIFT’S FIRST-EVER CONCERT CD & DVD SET,
- LADY ANTEBELLUM’S OWN THE NIGHT DEBUTS AT NO. ONE
- THE ROYS CREATE NEW THEME SONG FOR WEEKLY RFD-TV S...
- Jeremy Fink and the Meaning of Life Makes Theatric...
- The Wronglers with Jimmie Dale Gilmore, Michael Ma...
- Country Music News International Sept. 21st 2011
- Interview with Frank Fara – Songs of the Untamed W...
- Sean Patrick McGraw with personal Message to the F...
- BILLY DEAN GOES HEAD-TO-HEAD WITH JERRY SPRINGER
- Clay Walker and GAC’s Nan Kelley Join an All Star ...
- ▼ Sep 21 (11)
- ► August (236)
- ► July (248)
- ► June (262)
- ► May (193)
- ► April (329)
- ► March (372)
Powered by Blogger.