Thursday, August 18, 2011
4:57 PM Christian Lamitschka No comments
Country Artist Shawna Russell Highlighted in CMA Close Up Magazine Feature Entitled ‘Baby Brands’
Russell's Sponsorship Deals with Sheplers, Mach Tech Speed MP3 Players and AirPlay Direct Are Examined
NASHVILLE, TN (August 18, 2011) – Way Out West Records’ artist Shawna Russell is featured in the current edition of the CMA Close Up magazine in a story that focuses on new artists who have successfully attracted brands to sponsor and endorse them - and how the parties benefit from the creative partnerships.
Russell’s relationships with the Shepler’s western wear retail chain, Mach Tech Speed MP3 players and the digital delivery service, AirPlay Direct are examined, as well as examples of brand endorsements currently enjoyed by new duo, Rosehill and MCA artist, Ashton Shepherd.
Russell is currently touring radio promoting her latest single “Get Right Or Get Left” from her recently released self-titled sophomore album.
Her busy performing schedule includes a coveted slot opening for The Judds at their sold-out show on Saturday, August 20, at the Choctaw Event Center in Durant, Oklahoma.
About Shawna Russell:
Shawna Russell released her self-titled sophomore album in June 2011. She is currently promoting the lead single and video “Get Right Or Get Left.” A second release from the album “Sounds Like A Party” climbed to #3 on the European charts in late May of this year. Strong early reviews
for the album have came from Roughstock, Music News Nashville, Today's Country Magazine, Oklahoma Gazette, Maverick and others.
Russell first came on to the national and international music scene with the release of her debut album, GODDESS (Way Out West Records), in 2008, for which she co-wrote 12 of the 13 songs. Critical acclaim followed: the CMA named her “Who New to Watch,” and top music critics weighed in with praise for her debut. Chris Neal of COUNTRY WEEKLY gave GODDESS a 3 ½ star review, MUSIC ROW’s Robert K. Oermann bestowed a “DISCovery Award,” his highest compliment to a new artist, and rave reviews followed from CMA CLOSE UP, MAVERICK (UK), NASHVILLE MUSIC GUIDE, DREAMWEST (France), THE OKLAHOMAN, MUSIC NEWS NASHVILLE, COUNTRY STARS ONLINE and others.
Three radio singles, "Goddess," "Should've Been Born With Wheels" and "Fire In The Desert" cemented her status as a contender, with action on the Billboard "New and Active,' Music Row and Texas Music Charts. Shawna toured radio stations across the country where her talent won coveted performance and interviews for her on KBEQ-Kansas City’s highly-rated morning show with Mike Kennedy; Atlanta’s powerhouse WUBL; and on Washington DC’s “Voice of America” – which broadcasts to an international audience. Shawna's debut video "Should've Been Born With Wheels" reached the #1 position on the “Ya’llturnative” chart at Ya’ll Wire.com and stayed there for over a month and also attracted fans at CMT.com, AFN, GAC.com (debuted at #3 as a “Top Pick”) and on Pulse Network Television (“Top 20 Country Chart” for 3 months).
For more information about Shawna Russell, go to: www.ShawnaRussell.com
Posted in: Country Music News
- Christina Lamitschka on Facebook
- Country Music News International Group on LinkIn
- Country Music News International Group on Facebook
- Country Music News International Group on Google+
- Country Music News International Radio Show Every Monday and Wednesday 15:00 - 17:00 (GMT) 16:00 - 18:00 Central European Time 9 am - 11 am Nashville Time On Tyrone Radio
- Country Music News International Radio Show Every Tuesday and Thursday 1100 - 1300 (GMT) 12:00 - 14:00 Central European Time 6 am - 8 am Nashville Time On Irish Country Radio
- Country Music News International Radio Show Every Wednesday 11:00 - 13:00 (GMT) 12:00 - 14:00 Central European Time 6 am - 8 am Nashville Time On Country Kanalen
- Courtyard Nashville Downtown
- Dallas Music
- Eagle Country Radio
- Eliza Music
- Lucy Malheur
- Nashville Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Richard Lynch
- Stephanie Grace
- Tennessee Tourism
- ► July (87)
- ► June (133)
- ► May (139)
- ► April (152)
- ► March (106)
- ► February (88)
- ► January (126)
- ► December (95)
- ► November (91)
- ► October (63)
- ► September (131)
- ► August (174)
- ► July (208)
- ► June (179)
- ► May (220)
- ► April (190)
- ► March (188)
- ► February (164)
- ► January (227)
- ► December (171)
- ► November (206)
- ► October (227)
- ► September (243)
- ► August (229)
- ► July (256)
- ► June (221)
- ► May (317)
- ► April (287)
- ► March (245)
- ► February (248)
- ► January (231)
- ► December (217)
- ► November (249)
- ► October (273)
- ► September (308)
- The Roys To Host Ernest Tubb Midnite Jamboree
- The Kentucky HeadHunters Release First Single From...
- Link Swap / Link Tausch
- 18.08.2011: CD Veröffentlichung / News / TV Hinwei...
- Steel Guitar News
- The Grascals Nail Down Four IBMA Nominations
- 2011 IBMA Award
- Lonesome River Band celebrating five IBMA Awards n...
- Shawna Russell Highlighted in CMA Close Up Magazin...
- Lyrics for Lyric July 2011
- Country Music’s Hottest Tours
- DAILEY & VINCENT SNAG THREE 2011 IBMA AWARD NODS
- Country Music News of the Day / Country Musik News...
- Video Interview with Taylor Made
- NOMINEES ANNOUNCED FOR INTERNATIONAL BLUEGRASS MUS...
- "COLT FORD AND FRIENDS" BENEFIT RAISES OVER $85,00...
- O Brother, Where Art Thou?
- MARTINA MCBRIDE’S NEW VIDEO FEATURES MULTIPLE CANC...
- ▼ Aug 18 (18)
- ► July (248)
- ► June (262)
- ► May (193)
- ► April (329)
- ► March (372)
Powered by Blogger.