Thursday, August 25, 2011
6:08 AM Christian Lamitschka No comments
RODNEY ATKINS KEEPS THE PICK HITS COMING AS “TAKE A BACK ROAD” RIDES INSIDE THE TOP 10 AND SOUTHERN PIGSKIN, THE LEADING FOOTBALL WEBSITE FOR FANS IN THE SOUTH, HAS ATKINS AS THE LEAD VOICE OF THE SITE
ATKIN’S TEAMS UP WITH www.southernpigskin.com as the celebrity predictor all things SEC football
Take A Back Road hits stores October 4
NASHVILLE, TN (August 24, 2011) – Platinum recording artist Rodney Atkins is one of country music’s top hit makers and what better way to continue the winning streak than to follow him as he picks his top games on the popular SEC football fan site, www.southernpigskin.com. The site has engaged Atkins to be their celebrity game predictor, while offering fans a chance to get a little more insight into Atkins throughout the season. Atkins is currently sitting inside the Top 10 with his fastest rising single to date “Take A Back Road” from the upcoming release of the same name on October 4.
“We are honored to have Rodney picking games with us,” says Southern Pigskin publisher BJ Bennett. “Rodney and his music are as much about the southern culture as football is in the south. He touches people through the words in his songs. He is much ACC, SEC and Southern Conference as we are. He knows college football, especially the southern football leagues. He almost beat me. It’s going to be another wild and crazy year of football and we can’t wait.”
Rodney adds, “The energy of college football rivals that of a live performance for me. I am an extremely analytical guy and predicting these games is right up my alley, especially with a little luck thrown in. It is even more fun when I am winning and I have to say, I have fared quite well in my predictions. This season is going to be an exciting and unpredictable one and I look forward to seeing my winning percentage every week.”
Atkins played baseball in college and continues to coach little league when his schedule allows. He is in the midst of gearing up for a full fall schedule in preparation for his October 4th Curb Records release Take A Back Road, that will coincidentally take him to his hometown in East Tennessee later this week for a GAC “Origins” taping that is set to air in October. Then it is back to Nashville to shoot the video for the hit single “Take A Back Road,” with award-winning film and TV director Andy Tennant (Sweet Home Alabama, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, The Bounty Hunter and many more), before heading back out on tour.
About Rodney Atkins
Curb Records recording artist Rodney Atkins has been successfully leading the country music charts and selling albums since his career began in 2006 when he hit the scene with his first number one, “If You’re Going Through Hell,” which was also the Number One Country Song of the Year according to Billboard in 2006. The East Tennessee native has recorded three studio albums, Honesty, If You’re Going Through Hell and It’s America and charted seven Top 20 singles including five No. 1s: “If You’re Going Through Hell,” “Watching You,” “These Are My People,” “Cleaning This Gun (Come On In),” and “It’s America.” His hit “Farmer’s Daughter” is a platinum-selling single; increasing his single sales to over 4 million. He has also scored a platinum selling record and several gold releases. Atkins has been a staple on national television. He has performed or appeared on Good Morning America, The Today Show, CBS “The Early Show,” The Tonight Show, Extreme Home Makeover, CMA and ACM awards show, to name a few.
Atkins current single, “Take A Back Road”, was one of the most added records at country radio debut week. The single is from the upcoming October 4th release of the same name. Massey Ferguson® is the “official tractor” of Atkins for 2011. Atkins released an exclusive album with Cracker Barrel that features four number one hits including “Farmer’s Daughter” and an unreleased song. Atkins was the 2010 spokesman for the National Council for Adoption and is heavily involved within the organization. He was also the 2010 spokesman for the Chevy Silverado. Kraft Velveeta sponsored his “Best Side of Dinner” tour last summer and he was featured as the writer/singer on the national ad campaign for Velveeta Shells and Cheese. For more information on Rodney Atkins, visit www.rodneyatkins.com.
Posted in: Country Music News
- Christina Lamitschka on Facebook
- Country Music News International Group on LinkIn
- Country Music News International Group on Facebook
- Country Music News International Group on Google+
- Country Music News International Radio Show Every Monday and Wednesday 15:00 - 17:00 (GMT) 16:00 - 18:00 Central European Time 9 am - 11 am Nashville Time On Tyrone Radio
- Country Music News International Radio Show Every Tuesday and Thursday 1100 - 1300 (GMT) 12:00 - 14:00 Central European Time 6 am - 8 am Nashville Time On Irish Country Radio
- Country Music News International Radio Show Every Wednesday 11:00 - 13:00 (GMT) 12:00 - 14:00 Central European Time 6 am - 8 am Nashville Time On Country Kanalen
- Courtyard Nashville Downtown
- Dallas Music
- Eagle Country Radio
- Eliza Music
- Lucy Malheur
- Nashville Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Richard Lynch
- Stephanie Grace
- Tennessee Tourism
- ► August (104)
- ► July (109)
- ► June (133)
- ► May (139)
- ► April (152)
- ► March (106)
- ► February (88)
- ► January (126)
- ► December (95)
- ► November (91)
- ► October (63)
- ► September (131)
- ► August (174)
- ► July (208)
- ► June (179)
- ► May (220)
- ► April (190)
- ► March (188)
- ► February (164)
- ► January (227)
- ► December (171)
- ► November (206)
- ► October (227)
- ► September (243)
- ► August (229)
- ► July (256)
- ► June (221)
- ► May (317)
- ► April (287)
- ► March (245)
- ► February (248)
- ► January (231)
- ► December (217)
- ► November (249)
- ► October (273)
- ► September (308)
- BILLY DEAN NAMED NASCAR NATIONWIDE®
- BLIND BOYS OF ALABAMA WITH Lengthy U.S. Tour
- ELI YOUNG BAND DEBUTS AT #3 ON COUNTRY ALBUMS CHAR...
- 25.08.2011: CD Veröffentlichung / News / TV Hinwei...
- Donna Cunningham APPEARING AT THE 36th ANNUAL NA...
- CMA AWARDS NOMINATIONS UESDAY, SEPT. 6
- Steel Guitar News
- Kenny Rogers’ Ranks Sixth-Best All Time and Fourth...
- The Voice of Germany - Mehr Musik geht nicht!
- 25.08.2011: CD Veröffentlichung / News / TV Hinwei...
- MILOS erobert mit MEDITERRÁNEO die Charts ...
- Country Music News of the Day / Country Musik News...
- Video Interview with Craig Moritz
- MARTY ROE CHAIRS "LITTLES ON THE LINKS"
- RODNEY ATKINS INSIDE THE TOP 10
- LOS TIGRES DEL NORTE RETURN TO NASHVILLE
- LADY ANTEBELLUM SHOWS IN CHICAGO, NEW YORK CITY AN...
- ▼ Aug 25 (17)
- ► July (248)
- ► June (262)
- ► May (193)
- ► April (329)
- ► March (372)
Powered by Blogger.