Tuesday, July 12, 2011
6:20 AM Christian Lamitschka No comments
The Roys Pledge Support To Compassion International
Duo Asks Fans To Help Children In Need
|Lee and Elaine Roy pictured in front of their bus. (Credit: Jeremy Westby)|
Nashville, TN (July 11, 2011) -- The reigning two-time Inspirational Country Music's Duo of the Year, The Roys, "RESPOND with Compassion" as they support COMPASSION INTERNATIONAL's newest campaign. The RESPOND with Compassion effort encourages people everywhere to sponsor a child - now.
"The development of the whole child is the foundation of Compassion International. Sponsorship enables us to work one-on-one with the child, fostering a personal relationship and transforming families and communities," says Zane King, Manager of Artist Relations for Compassion. "We are simply asking everyone to ask themselves one question: Can you offer aid to a child in need?"
One key component of the new RESPOND campaign is to offer donors three different "needs" categories, which allows for targeted contributions: Health & Medical, Disaster Relief & Stability, and Education. To learn more about how you can Respond, visit www.theroysonline.com, click on the Compassion logo, and sponsor a child today.
"It's a very unique concept," says Elaine Roy of the new campaign. "A lot of folks who donate to charity wonder where their money goes," adds her brother, Lee Roy. "This way they'll know for certain how their money is spent, and they'll rest easy knowing that Compassion is one of the top 1% of all charities in terms of stewardship."
The duo has been involved with the organization since early 2010, and last Summer, Lee and Elaine traveled to Bogota, Columbia, South America to experience first-hand how the programs are implemented. Compassion's King is happy to have The Roys on board for this new campaign. "We are just thrilled to be in partnership with them as they ask their fans to 'RESPOND with Compassion' to help those in need."
As part of their ongoing relationship with Compassion, The Roys' tour bus has been "wrapped" with RESPOND graphics, and Compassion is furnishing the duo with t-shirts and other giveaway items to help them spread the word to their fans. "We believe strongly in their mission to eradicate poverty in the lives of children," says Lee. "We want to spread the message that sponsoring a child not only changes the life of that child, but it changes the sponsor's life as well," adds Elaine.
Upcoming shows for The Roys include:
Craven Country Jamboree (Saskatchewan, Canada, 7/14 -17)
The Oak Tree Opry (Anita, IA, 7/19)
Country Thunder (Twin Lakes, WI, 7/21-24)
Blue Moon Mountain Bluegrass Festival (Prestonsburg, KY, 7/30)
Workplay Theater (Birmingham, AL, 8/4)
Chocotaw Casino with Janie Fricke (Idabel, OK, 8/6)
Dogwood Park Concert Series (Greeneville, TN, 8/21)
ABOUT THE ROYS:
These Massachusetts natives were "raised right" on country and bluegrass in New Brunswick, Canada. Their current CD, LONESOME WHISTLE (Rural Rhythm Records), debuted at #7 on BILLBOARD's Bluegrass Albums Chart. Their current single (and video) "Coal Minin' Man," is generating a storm of media attention on a national level, and rapidly expanding their ever-growing fan base. The Roys come from a unique, musical family and are known for their superb sibling harmonies, Rootsy/Bluegrass sound and compelling original songs. www.theroysonline.com/
ABOUT COMPASSION INTERNATIONAL:
Compassion International (www.compassion.com) is the world's largest Christian child development organization that permanently releases children from poverty. Founded in 1952, CI successfully tackles global poverty one child at a time, serving more than 1.2 million children in 26 of the world's poorest countries. Recognizing that poverty is more than a lack of money, CI works through local churches to holistically address the individual physical, economic, educational and spiritual needs of children - enabling them to thrive, not just survive. CI has been awarded 10 consecutive, four-star ratings by Charity Navigator, America's largest charity evaluator.
Posted in: Country Music News
- Christina Lamitschka on Facebook
- Country Music News International Group on LinkIn
- Country Music News International Group on Facebook
- Country Music News International Group on Google+
- Country Music News International Radio Show Every Monday and Wednesday 15:00 - 17:00 (GMT) 16:00 - 18:00 Central European Time 9 am - 11 am Nashville Time On Tyrone Radio
- Country Music News International Radio Show Every Tuesday and Thursday 1100 - 1300 (GMT) 12:00 - 14:00 Central European Time 6 am - 8 am Nashville Time On Irish Country Radio
- Country Music News International Radio Show Every Wednesday 11:00 - 13:00 (GMT) 12:00 - 14:00 Central European Time 6 am - 8 am Nashville Time On Country Kanalen
- Courtyard Nashville Downtown
- Dallas Music
- Eagle Country Radio
- Eliza Music
- Lucy Malheur
- Nashville Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Tennessee Tourism
- ► April (92)
- ► March (106)
- ► February (88)
- ► January (126)
- ► December (95)
- ► November (91)
- ► October (63)
- ► September (131)
- ► August (174)
- ► July (208)
- ► June (179)
- ► May (220)
- ► April (190)
- ► March (188)
- ► February (164)
- ► January (227)
- ► December (171)
- ► November (206)
- ► October (227)
- ► September (243)
- ► August (229)
- ► July (257)
- ► June (221)
- ► May (317)
- ► April (287)
- ► March (245)
- ► February (248)
- ► January (231)
- ► December (217)
- ► November (249)
- ► October (273)
- ► September (308)
- ► August (236)
- Pinecastle Artists Eligible For IBMA Awards Nomina...
- TG SHEPPARD AND WAYNE MILLS “I LOVED ‘EM EVERYONE”...
- BIG AND RICH......AND HEADING UP NORTH
- CJaye LeRose's "The Porch" Music Video
- Photo Show Drifters Caravan at Sunflower June 26th...
- SARAH DARLING JOINS UP WITH DANN HUFF ON NEW MUSIC...
- BlueHighways TV and Rural Rhythm Records Promote R...
- Interview with Anne Marit of Katzenjammer
- James Morrison meldet sich mit neuem Album zurück:...
- Country Music News of the Day / Country Musik News...
- Video Interview with Steve Richard
- Valerie Smith & Liberty Pike running up bluegrass ...
- CCMA NOMINATES GREG HANNA FOR RISING STAR AWARD
- PRESTONSBURG BLUEGRASS FESTIVAL ARTIST LINE UP
- The Roys Pledge Support To Compassion Internationa...
- ▼ Jul 12 (15)
- ► June (262)
- ► May (193)
- ► April (329)
- ► March (372)
Powered by Blogger.