Thursday, June 23, 2011
5:34 PM Christian Lamitschka No comments
COUNTRY STAR MARK WILLS SHARES EMOTIONAL NEW RELEASE
Release Day Performance And Special Visitors Humble Performer
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (June 23, 2011)—Multi-platinum country music artist Mark Wills premiered his new album LOOKING FOR AMERICA with two special events on release day, June 21, 2011. The celebration schedule included an Opry in-store appearance where he visited with fans to personally sign the new album; the CD flew off the shelves—selling out. Following the in-store event, Mark Wills stepped out to take the historic stage of the Grand Ole Opry to play some of the tracks, a few for the very first time.
“It was a wonderful day to bring my new music to fans,’” Wills explains. “I am incredibly thankful for the support of Country music fans who came out to visit with me at the signing and traveled to watch my Opry performance.”
Wills went on to actualize a promise made to several wounded servicemen; earlier this year, Mark was introduced to three soldiers whose Blackhawk helicopter crashed in Iraq, one of whom is in a wheelchair as a result. After a spring show in Missouri, Mark played them “Crazy Being Home” and they were very emotional. He told them that the first time he played it live at the Opry he would invite them.
At the Opry show, the three men hung out backstage with Mark who then brought them out on stage to introduce them to the audience. All three thousand in attendance gave them a standing ovation for their service to the United States. Wills then played “Crazy Being Home” which had an amazing reaction and led to another standing ovation.
“I wish all our returning service men and women could have experienced the appreciation and love the audience gave them,” Mark Wills reveals. “I am humbled by their service and sacrifice. I’ve said before that I was compelled to record ‘Crazy Being Home’ and tonight reinforced that conviction. I hope everyone hears this song and understands how important our ability to give back to those that defend our freedoms truly is.”
LOOKING FOR AMERICA (distributed by Gracie Productions) features both the title cut (moving up the country charts at radio now) and the USA Cares Warrior Treatment Today campaign song, “Crazy Being Home” (www.crazybeinghome.com).
With a tenure that spans over 15 years in country music, Mark Wills is well-known in the industry for his philanthropy and honest “good ol’ boy” attitude. During his career, Wills has had two Number 1’s, “Wish You Were Here” and "19 Somethin’,'" and nearly ten Top 10 singles including "Jacob's Ladder," "Places I've Never Been," "I Do (Cherish You)," "Don't Laugh At Me," "She's in Love" and a cover version of Brian McKnight's "Back At One."
For more information on Mark Wills’ LOOKING FOR AMERICA and the “Crazy Being Home” campaign, visit: www.markwills.com /or/ www.crazybeinghome.com.
Pictured: TOP(from L to R) Andrew Cleek, Brant Edwards & Trevor Baucom
BOTTOM: Mark Wills thanks the gentlemen after performing "Crazy Being Home."
Photo Credit: Kelly McGlohon
Posted in: Country Music News
- Christina Lamitschka on Facebook
- Country Music News International Group on LinkIn
- Country Music News International Group on Facebook
- Country Music News International Group on Google+
- Country Music News International Radio Show Every Monday and Wednesday 15:00 - 17:00 (GMT) 16:00 - 18:00 Central European Time 9 am - 11 am Nashville Time On Tyrone Radio
- Country Music News International Radio Show Every Tuesday and Thursday 1100 - 1300 (GMT) 12:00 - 14:00 Central European Time 6 am - 8 am Nashville Time On Irish Country Radio
- Country Music News International Radio Show Every Wednesday 11:00 - 13:00 (GMT) 12:00 - 14:00 Central European Time 6 am - 8 am Nashville Time On Country Kanalen
- Courtyard Nashville Downtown
- Dallas Music
- Eagle Country Radio
- Eliza Music
- Lucy Malheur
- Nashville Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Tennessee Tourism
- ► March (32)
- ► February (88)
- ► January (126)
- ► December (95)
- ► November (91)
- ► October (63)
- ► September (131)
- ► August (174)
- ► July (208)
- ► June (179)
- ► May (220)
- ► April (190)
- ► March (188)
- ► February (164)
- ► January (227)
- ► December (171)
- ► November (206)
- ► October (227)
- ► September (243)
- ► August (229)
- ► July (257)
- ► June (221)
- ► May (317)
- ► April (287)
- ► March (245)
- ► February (248)
- ► January (231)
- ► December (217)
- ► November (249)
- ► October (273)
- ► September (308)
- ► August (236)
- ► July (248)
- Steel Guitar News
- COUNTRY STAR MARK WILLS SHARES EMOTIONAL NEW RELEA...
- Video Interview with JACKIE ARREDONDO
- This One's For Him: A Tribute to Guy Clark
- TEXAS HURRICANE OF BLUE-EYED SOUL DROPS LIVE WIRE
- BENEFIT CONCERT FOR ALABAMA
- Shawna Russell and Ricochet to Co-Star at July 4 “...
- COLT FORD TO CO-HOST NEW SHOW ON THE OUTDOOR CHANN...
- ▼ Jun 23 (8)
- ► May (193)
- ► April (329)
- ► March (372)
Powered by Blogger.